Brake Service Near Frederick, MD
Brake Service at Shockley Honda
It’s no secret that you can’t drive without a functioning brake system, as the brakes are an essential component of a vehicle. Like many other car parts and systems, the brakes need maintenance and occasional repairs to continue providing reliable stopping power. You’ll want to keep the brake system of your Honda or Acura in excellent condition to prevent accidents caused by failing or damaged brakes. Brake service will give you peace of mind since you’ll know your brakes are ready to bring your vehicle to a stop promptly and reliably.
What Are the Different Types of Brake Service?
What happens during brake service depends on the needs of your brake system. Oftentimes, drivers simply want their brakes inspected to ensure the system is in good shape. If you’re experiencing brake problems, a technician will inspect the system to find the cause. Here are a few of the different services that fall under the umbrella of brake service:
- Brake fluid service: Brake fluid is a crucial part of the system. During brake service, a technician will check the fluid level and determine if a leak is present.
- Brake pad service: Brake pads wear down over time, and when this happens, they’ll need to be replaced to prevent damage to the rotors.
- Rotor service: Rotor damage is a common result of worn-down brake pads.
- Repairing damaged parts: After inspecting your brake system, your technician will let you know if repairs are necessary. Each vehicle has different needs, and your technician will service your brakes according to the needs of your specific car.
When Should You Schedule Brake Service?
A good rule of thumb is to follow your owner’s manual when it comes to your vehicle’s service schedule. It should outline how often you should service the brake system. Multi-point inspections are also recommended to stay informed about the condition of your brakes. Keep in mind that you should schedule service or an inspection as soon as you notice a change in your brakes’ performance. Common signs of a brake system problem include:
- A slower response when you apply the brakes
- A vibrating sensation when you brake
- You hear a grinding or squealing sound when you brake
- Your car is leaking brake fluid
- Your brake pedal feels softer than normal
- Braking causes your vehicle to pull to one side
It’s crucial that you schedule service as soon as you notice any sign of a brake problem, as failing brakes often lead to accidents and other dangerous driving situations.
Brake Service in Frederick, MD
When you experience trouble with the brakes of your Honda or Acura, you’ll want to take your vehicle to the experts. The highly-trained technicians at Shockley Honda’s service center have the expertise to inspect, service, or repair your brakes correctly and efficiently. Our team of technicians can handle every type of brake service, so when you need help with your brakes near Urbana and Mt. Airy, visit Shockley Honda in Frederick, MD, for quality service you can count on.
Shockley Honda offers service specials and an online service scheduler to make auto service more affordable and convenient.