2017 Honda Accord for Sale near Gaithersburg, MD
An All-Around Perfect Sedan
Is there anything better than finding a highly awarded midsize sedan with excellent fuel economy and tons of tech features? Not much, we at Shockley Honda reckon. That’s why we formally invite you in to test drive the 2017 Honda Accord for sale near Gaithersburg, MD. You’ll be impressed by everything aforementioned and more while experiencing the Accord up close and personal.
It is hard to argue with a vehicle that’s been named one of Car and Driver’s 10Best for the 30th time1, but we’ll give a few more points before resting our case. The 2017 Accord is also a 2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick2, and a 2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick+3, and it received equal praise from the NHTSA, receiving a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating4. The take away from these ratings is numerous, but top among them is that this vehicle is great for families, especially when equipped with the Honda SensingTM Suite of features. This array of driver-assistive technologies lends an extra set of eyes every direction around the Honda Accord which will come in handy every day. The Lane Keeping Assist System5 will help you stay on your intended path, gently steering you back if you deviate. The Adaptive Cruise Control6 will be a godsend on long road trips, capable of speeding up and slowing down with traffic, so you can relax your foot and focus on steering.
There are features in the 2017 Honda Accord for sale near Gaithersburg, MD, in case of emergencies, too, such as the Collision Mitigation SystemTM7, which visually and audibly alerts you to a potential oncoming collision. If you don’t take appropriate action, the Accord can lessen the severity of or completely mitigate an accident by applying the brakes.
All of these awesome features are nicely complimented by the two spirited engine options provided. The standard 2.4-liter In-Line 4-cylinder is capable of a zippy 185 horsepower and 181 lb.-ft. of torque, and it also manages a frugal 27/36/30 MPG city/hwy/combined8. Upping the ante, the 3.5-liter V6 powerhouse, available on the EX-L V6 and Touring trims, generates a startling 278 horsepower and 252 lb.-ft. of torque for your driving pleasure. It maintains a competitive 21/33/25 MPG city/hwy/combined8, as a bonus!
When it comes to the cabin, we think you’ll be impressed by the amount of tech you’ll be equipped with on every single trim level. Standard on the EX trim level and up, HondaLink®9 is a telematics system that acts more like a personal assistant than anything else. Capable of streaming music, reading off your social media updates to you, and making and taking phone calls, there’s not a lot you’ll have to take your hands off the wheel for anymore!
We at Shockley Honda love the 2017 Honda Accord for sale near Gaithersburg, MD. It’s the all-around full package: safe, powerful, and well-equipped. Give us a call at 301-245-0861 if you have any questions or want to set up a test drive. Open Monday through Saturday, with convenient evening hours, we’re easy to visit! Hope to see you soon!
1. Car and Driver, November 2015
2. Based on 2016 model year.
3. Based on 2016 model year when equipped with Honda Sensing Suite.
4. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).
5. LKAS only assists driver in maintaining proper lane position when lane markings are identified without a turn signal in use and can only apply mild steering torque to assist. LKAS may not detect all lane markings; accuracy will vary based on weather, speed, and road condition. System operation affect by extremem interior heat. Driver remains responsible for safely operating vehicle and avoiding collisions.
6. Adaptive Cruise Control cannot detect all objects ahead an dmay not detect a given object; accuracy will vary based on weather, speed, and other factors. ACC should not be used in heavy traffic, poor weather, or on winding roads. ACC only includes a limited braking function; driver remains responsible for slowing or stopping the vehicle to avoid a collision.
7. CMBS cannot detect all objects ahead and may not detect a given object; accuracy will vary based on weather, speed, and other factors. System operation affect by extreme interior heat. System designed to mitigate crash forces. Drive remains responsible for safely operating vehicle and avoiding collisions.
8. Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. You mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
9. Check the HondaLink website for smartphone compatibility.